Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Night Patrol

I decided to patrol my local area last night. The graffiti scum wouldn't have expected me to do that twice in one day!

My torch isn't as bright has I thought it would be. But that doesn't matter, the streetlights are quite good in this area. Infact, a little too good. I have a feeling they may be hindering my attempts in crime fighting. I shall write to EnergyAustralia and complain about the waste of electricity.

As luck would have it, a EnergyAustralia van is parked down the street from me. I approached one of the workers and asked if they were there to clean the graffiti. 

I may as well have been asking him to recite the Magna Carta.

No. They weren't there to clean up the graffiti.

Can you believe it? After less than 24 hours of doing this I sure can.

When I told him about the mass of graffiti in the local area, surely EnergyAustralia would have staff out at night to clean it up. Nobody wants to see that kind of work done in the daylight.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when he told me (get this) they were there to fix a faulty street light. Apparently graffiti cleaning isn't part of their duties. 

Now, I'm not having a go at this guy. He seemed pleasant enough for a pole climbing monkey, but he must have noticed the tags all over the pole. 

He told me the 'tags' I was referring to were actually 'Pole Numbers' added to each pole as a means of 'indentification'. I said "it doesn't matter what new word the youngsters have coined for this kind of stuff, it's still good old fashion tagging to me". 

Feeling frustrated by his obvious mental shortcomings, I decided to call it a night and headed off home to plan my next outing. 


No comments: