Monday, August 25, 2008

It begins

Well, today's the start of my quest to rid Sydney's Inner West of Graffiti. God but I hate it!

Here's a run down of my diary:

8:00am: Awake and dressed in Graffiti Crime Fighting clothing. May need to chase down a crook or three. Have used Batman as my inspiration.
8:05am: Spill tea on GCF cape
9:00am: Cape cleaned and dried. Walking out the front door.
9:02am: Back inside. The neighbours are laughing. Maybe the cape was too much.
9:15am: Dressing in tracksuit and joggers. Have left via the back door and jumped the fence to avoid crowd out the front. 
9:20am: Success! Found my first bit of graffiti. Looks pretty fresh. Have decided to wait in bushes to see if they come back for more
9:45am: Lady in number 45 screaming something from her window. If she doesn't shut up she'll scare them off.
9:50am: Showed Lady in number 45 my camera and took a few shots of her in window to calm her down. Not sure if she gets it. Still screaming.
10:15am: Graffiti hoons have not come back. 
10:17am: Hear Police sirens nearby, maybe they are after them?
10:20am: Sirens very close now. Might get some shots of the action.
10:23am: Trying to explain to Police what I was doing. 
11:00am: Leaving Police Station without my camera and a order to attend court in three weeks.
12Noon: Been walking for over an hour and heaps of graffiti to record, but feel lost without my camera. Geotagging is so hot now and I just know it will make or break this blog.
12:20pm: Decide to call it quits for the day. My new crime fighting shoes have given me blisters. Did Batman have this problem? 
4:00pm: Turning up volume of TV to drown out the protesters and laughing neighbours out front of house. 

Not a great start, but a start none the less. 

No comments: